Outside Sales Engineer
Louisville, KY (Highview)
ACCO is a customer focused service contractor providing the best HVAC technicians in the region.
To provide the the most economical approach for each customers' HVAC needs.
ACCO's mission statement
To provide a great place to work while maintaining the best customer service in the industry.
You belong here!
You belong here if you are a professional with a proven record of high sales performance (including new business development) that thrives from a collaborative, service-oriented environment. Come join an established company that is 64 years strong! ACCO is a reputable organization that has professionally installed and serviced heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and temperature control systems in Kentucky and Southern Indiana since 1958.
In this fast-paced, versatile Sales Engineer position you will increase new business development by building customer relationships, while assessing and fulfilling customer needs. You will also grow existing business by developing business relationships with existing clients, providing opportunities for negotiated contract work, retain sales, and generating additional sales opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
A day in the life of the Sales Engineer:
In the Sales Engineer role, you will…
- Uphold ACCO’s standards for maintaining well-satisfied customers
- Operate with a complete service-oriented mentality
- Grow maintenance contract sales, project sales, and service base
- Identify and contact potential new customers for sales opportunities
- Review present estimating procedures and adjust accordingly
- Develop a continuous program to generate new service project sales leads
- Manage sold projects and coordinate all facets from sales through completion
- Coordinate field labor to ensure your projects are staffed as needed
- Negotiate and close on new business
- Perform after-sale job project management
Keys to success:
The successful candidate for the position will…
- Preferably have a bachelor’s degree in engineering OR comparable industry experience
- Have very good verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to professionally articulate as well as professionally compose written communication
- Have strong new business development experience including self-generated leads
- Preferably have a minimum of 5 years HVAC Commercial/Industrial
- Have experience in selling service contracts (preferred)
- Project Management and Estimating experience (preferred)
- Be solution-focused
You are appreciated.
We value the expertise and professionalism of our Sales Engineer which is demonstrated by a competitive compensation package including base salary and uncapped commission.
Additionally, we offer a solid benefits package
- Individual health insurance coverage through Anthem BC/BS. (full premium paid by ACCO)
- $15,000.00 Term Life Insurance Policy paid by ACCO.
- Short term Disability Insurance Policy paid by ACCO.
- Simple IRA plan available with 1:1 matching contribution up to 3%. (6 month waiting
period required to participate)
- Various AFLAC insurance plans are available at employee’s own expense.
ACCO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.