Arrow Electric Co., Inc.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s definition
With offices in Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky, Arrow Electric is committed to being a leader in the electrical industry. Our aim is pure and simple – provide high-quality service and workmanship that’s trustworthy, dependable and cost-effective. We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s "why"
Arrow Electric opened its doors in 1957 with a singular vision – provide our customers with the highest quality electrical installations in the industry. While the times and technologies have certainly changed, our vision remains the same, as does the way we do business: we listen to our customers, recognize and acknowledge their needs, and use our expertise to safely complete the project, on budget and on schedule
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s mission statement
We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry. Sharing a common goal of exceeding customer expectations, our team is passionate about their craft.
Arrow Electric highly values our team members, striving to put employees first and provide a pleasant, secure work environment, fostering professional growth and offering one of the strongest compensation packages in the industry.
Join the team at Arrow Electric as an Accounts Receivable Clerk.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for billing and collections of customers, monitoring and resolving outstanding accounts, addressing billing issues, and additional administrative support including preparation of project documentation, work orders, and customer support.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
* Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
* Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
* Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
* Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
* Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Controller and other staff.
* Collaborates with the Controller to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
* Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
* Assists Controller in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
* Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
* Create work orders for multiple departments.
* Answer calls from customers and team members.
* Assist in maintaining customer relationships.
* Assist Department Managers with daily scheduling.
* Coordinate Service Technicians for third party billing work.
* Assist with mobile payroll process.
* Assist Department Managers with price quotes.
* Create new job and customer files/folders.
* Produce panel schedules as needed.
* Request Project Electrical Permits and Inspections as needed.
* Produce Ground Testing Reports as needed.
* Maintain Department files.
* Perform general administrative support.
* Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years of related accounts receivable experience required (prior accounting experience preferred).
* Thorough knowledge of the accounts receivable process.
* Must be proficient in computer operations to include Microsoft Office, Outlook
* Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and timely follow-through.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Possess a strong focus for customer relations, both external and internal.
* Must be self-directed and capable of handling multiple tasks and problem solving with minimal supervision.
* Able to work effectively in stressful, time-sensitive environments.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Desire and ability to continually learn.
* Professional attitude and appearance.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Apprenticeship Program
- Continuing Training and Development Courses
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We believe that these opportunities should be available on the basis of individual merit, and we encourage applicants and employees to strive for advancement on this basis.
Arrow Electric will make reasonable accommodations for applicants/employees with disabilities. This means that we can modify a person’s job or assign them to another position that will accommodate their disabilities. Persons wishing to request such accommodations should make them known to the Human Resource Department.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability