Arrow Electric Co., Inc.
Electrician Trainee / Helper - Louisville and Lexington
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s definition
With offices in Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky, Arrow Electric is committed to being a leader in the electrical industry. Our aim is pure and simple – provide high-quality service and workmanship that’s trustworthy, dependable and cost-effective. We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s "why"
Arrow Electric opened its doors in 1957 with a singular vision – provide our customers with the highest quality electrical installations in the industry. While the times and technologies have certainly changed, our vision remains the same, as does the way we do business: we listen to our customers, recognize and acknowledge their needs, and use our expertise to safely complete the project, on budget and on schedule
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s mission statement
We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry. Sharing a common goal of exceeding customer expectations, our team is passionate about their craft.
Arrow Electric highly values our team members, striving to put employees first and provide a pleasant, secure work environment, fostering professional growth and offering one of the strongest compensation packages in the industry.
Electrician Trainee / Helper
The Electrician Trainee assists Electricians to perform electrical installations, alterations, additions, and/or repairs to electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment. The Electrician Helper keeps tools, equipment, and materials and work area organized and clean.
After 30 days of work the Electrician Trainee will be evaluated for enrollment in the Electrician Apprenticeship Program. Once enrolled, the Electrician Trainee will receive training and instruction required to become licensed as a Kentucky Journeyman Electrician.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles and organizes electrical materials and tools and storage areas.
- Transports tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to needed areas of the worksite, either by hand or mechanical means.
- Digs trenches/holes for underground installations.
- Assists Electricians with the installation of conduit, MC cable, strut, and cable tray, including cutting and threading using hand and power tools.
- Assists Electricians with wire pulls
- Assists Electricians with installation of panels, light fixtures, and devices.
- Performs work in a safe manner in compliance with all federal, state, local, project, and company safety requirements
- Utilize hand and power tools, including cutting devices, drills, saws, hydraulic, and pneumatic and maintain them in good condition.
- Maintains PPE and safety equipment in good condition.
- Must attend a minimum of 144 hours of classroom instruction in each year of the 4 year Apprenticeship training and maintain a passing grade as well as comply with attendance and other program requirements.
- Must complete 2,000 hours of on-the-job training in each year of the 4 year Apprenticeship Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of electrical Helper field experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with company team members and other contractor employees.
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks as instructed
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach overhead.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (50+ pounds).
- Must be able to access work areas from stairways
- Must be able to frequently stand and/or walk.
- Must be able to withstand repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers for full day work assignments.
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts within the rated weight limits.
- Must be capable of operating 2-handed tools or equipment.
- Must be capable of digging trenches, either by using hand tools or power equipment.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, including use of OSHA-approved ladders or stairs.
- Must be able to travel as needed for work assignments.
- Must be able to work minimum 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and additional hours and days as needed for work completion
- Must be able to positively identify colors of wire.
- Must possess good vision (normal or corrected).
- Must possess good hearing (normal or aided).
- Must be able to safely accomplish all assigned tasks safely while while accomodating sometimes challenging working conditions and environments
Arrow Electric will make reasonable accommodations for applicants/employees with disabilities. This means that we can modify a person’s job or assign them to another position that will accommodate their disabilities. Persons wishing to request such accommodations should make them known to the Human Resource Department.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.