Arrow Electric Co., Inc.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s definition
With offices in Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky, Arrow Electric is committed to being a leader in the electrical industry. Our aim is pure and simple – provide high-quality service and workmanship that’s trustworthy, dependable and cost-effective. We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry.
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s "why"
Arrow Electric opened its doors in 1957 with a singular vision – provide our customers with the highest quality electrical installations in the industry. While the times and technologies have certainly changed, our vision remains the same, as does the way we do business: we listen to our customers, recognize and acknowledge their needs, and use our expertise to safely complete the project, on budget and on schedule
Arrow Electric Co., Inc.'s mission statement
We embrace expanding technologies and maintain a highly-trained workforce to keep us at the forefront of our industry. Sharing a common goal of exceeding customer expectations, our team is passionate about their craft.
Arrow Electric highly values our team members, striving to put employees first and provide a pleasant, secure work environment, fostering professional growth and offering one of the strongest compensation packages in the industry.
The Staff Accountant plays a key role reporting to the Controller, assisting with the month and year-end closing by reconciling accounts and preparing financial statement schedules. Other duties and responsibilities include general ledger accountability, project accounting, financial reporting, and other special projects as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Participate in month-end and year-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget-to-actual reports.
* Prepare and review monthly reconciliations ensuring general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to outstanding items.
* Responsible for recording fixed assets and monthly depreciation (book & tax).
* Collaborate with Managers on accounting inquiries and information needed to meet requirements.
* Prepare schedules for annual audit; research issues and prepare supporting documentation.
* Assist with corporate state and local tax filings, and licensing filings such as sales/use, and professional registrations to meet compliance requirements.
* Complete and maintain cross-training on AP, AR, payroll and administration positions.
* Develop competency in all associated departmental software.
* Improve processes related to above duties and responsibilities.
* Complete special projects as assigned by the Controller.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Business with related experience.
* 5+ years of full-cycle general ledger accounting experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel skills preferred.
* Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and timely follow-through.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Knowledge of construction accounting including work-in-progress schedules and job cost.
* Construction accounting software experience.
* Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Must be self-directed and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
* Able to work effectively in stressful, time-sensitive environments.
* Desire and ability to continually learn.
* Professional attitude and appearance.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
* Positive customer focused attitude: internal and external.
* Critical Thinking, Independent Judgment, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Analyzing, Reading Skills, Customer Service, Diplomacy, Organization, Negotiation, Math Aptitude, Professionalism, Proofreading, Time Management, Computer Literacy, Reasoning Ability, Problem Solving and Innovation, Self-Management, Teamwork
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Apprenticeship Program
- Continuing Training and Development Courses
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We believe that these opportunities should be available on the basis of individual merit, and we encourage applicants and employees to strive for advancement on this basis.
Arrow Electric will make reasonable accommodations for applicants/employees with disabilities. This means that we can modify a person’s job or assign them to another position that will accommodate their disabilities. Persons wishing to request such accommodations should make them known to the Human Resource Department.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability