Louisville, KY (Saint Joseph)
ECT Services's definition
ECT Services, Inc. is a Building Integration Technology firm in Louisville, Kentucky. The company was established in 1981 and continues to focus and provide businesses with sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe solutions to decrease cost of facility operation and increase revenue by making buildings more attractive.
ECT Services's "why"
The company is owned and operated by an energetic local Leadership Team dedicated to carrying on the legacy of Customer and Team Member satisfaction, which has been the hallmark of the company’s reputation these 41 years. We are an independent technology provider, in the business of making buildings sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe.
ECT Services's mission statement
For our customers to enjoy an excellent experience in making their buildings sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe. Our desire is for our customers to see us as their lifelong technology partner from design, implementation, and commissioning through continued service with an overall experience so remarkable, they always think of ECT first for their needs.
You will be required to work with fellow ECT Team Members, clients and subcontractors to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget. Your role will be installation and configuration of the panels, controllers, field devices & components of the systems… and finally termination of all cabling, control panels and devices to ensure a complete installation of the security systems. You will also have the responsibility of a programming and commissioning agent to test and troubleshoot the systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Position responsibilities and expectations-
- Must be able to self-perform the installation, startup, programming and commissioning of the Lenel (Silver-Platinum)
- Bosch intrusion detection, Bosch RPS, access control enterprise, IP video systems, and IP intercom systems;
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently adapt blueprints and drawings to meet site specific requirements;
- Must be able to maintain, install, configure, troubleshoot and repair Client/Server computer systems, IP Intercom systems, CCTV monitors, video switches, recorders and storage devices;
- Must be able to maintain, install, terminate, and calibrate field devices, sensors and communications infrastructure;
Must complete comprehensive field reports, travel expense reports, safety logs, as-built drawings, programming spreadsheets, training agendas, sign in sheets, and other documentation as required;
- Conducts Customer-witnessed tests of installed and/or repaired systems and document these tests;
- Assist service department in implementing upgrades and preventative maintenance;
- Assist in performing site surveys and site survey reports;
- Actively participate in weekly meeting to discuss installation and maintenance activities; changes, and other developments with the customer and other on-site personnel as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Verifies programming of systems installed by ECT Services, including remedying any programming issues before customer acceptance.
- Plans and organizes acceptance of installation project by customer, ensuring system functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all assigned installation projects are handled properly in accordance with ECT’s policies and procedures, are timely completed, and are completed in accordance with budget.
- Assists with other technical support issues, as needed, including response to service calls and rotating on call schedule.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience at the professional level including but not limited to the following:
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, complex and highly integrated electronic systems, and relay logic;
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair, upgrading, integrating, troubleshooting and testing of electrical and electronic systems;
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and work with blueprints, drawings, technical manuals, handbooks and other technical documentation as well as the ability to evaluate and correct technical problems;
- Knowledge and skills in field engineering, and final commissioning and training;
- Specialized knowledge of the following or similar systems is preferred: Lenel, Axis, Bosch, Zenitel, Security, GE, and Honeywell.
- Electrical background and knowledge of electrical materials
- Successful experience with complex enterprise integrated systems installations
- Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- Proficiency in application software including Microsoft (all builds after XP), Microsoft Office Suite, MS-SQL, Windows Server, AutoCAD and Visio.
Systems Related Knowledge-
- Lenel Systems, Axis Communications, Zenitel IP Intercoms, GE Security, Bosch Intrusion Detection Systems, Bosch RPS and hardware and Software installation experience.
- IP video security systems and camera installation
- Familiarity with Matrix Switches, Multiplexers and DVR’s
- Relay logic
- Advanced knowledge of electric lock hardware installation IE… maglocks, strikes and electrified rim exit devices
- Network related devices such as: Cisco, HP, and Dell switches. Patch panels and equipment racks. UPS devices and power management systems. Fiber and Ethernet transceivers, patches and panels
- Understand and interact with LAN and WAN systems as a part of an overall security installation
ECT Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.