Physical Security Design Engineer
Louisville, KY (Saint Joseph)
ECT Services's definition
ECT Services, Inc. is a Building Integration Technology firm in Louisville, Kentucky. The company was established in 1981 and continues to focus and provide businesses with sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe solutions to decrease cost of facility operation and increase revenue by making buildings more attractive.
ECT Services's "why"
The company is owned and operated by an energetic local Leadership Team dedicated to carrying on the legacy of Customer and Team Member satisfaction, which has been the hallmark of the company’s reputation these 41 years. We are an independent technology provider, in the business of making buildings sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe.
ECT Services's mission statement
For our customers to enjoy an excellent experience in making their buildings sustainable, maintainable, energy efficient and safe. Our desire is for our customers to see us as their lifelong technology partner from design, implementation, and commissioning through continued service with an overall experience so remarkable, they always think of ECT first for their needs.
The candidate is expected to be proficient in applying engineering principles and practices for all security controls projects. The candidate is expected to meet performance standards as set by the team, exhibit a high level of leadership, demonstrate initiative, and take ownership for projects successful design and implementation. The candidate is responsible for maintaining regular contact with Project Managers for any and all technical assistance for all projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Physical Security Design Engineer will engineer jobs that are sold by the sales team. Daily activities include, not limited to, procurement of parts, direct work with CAD to plot, design, and develop a functional security system based on the sale and budgetary requirements.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of Security/Controls/AutoCAD management, programming, installation, design & field experience with card access, video, intrusion, intercom, and mechanical aptitude.
- Experienced in both new and retrofit construction project (understanding of job site realities & politics).
- Candidate should have proficient all-around computer skills and be experienced with MS Excel, CAD or Visio, Microsoft Office, Accounting & Project P&L software (reports).
- Have programming knowledge and experience (Lenel, Bosch, NVR’s, Camera startups, etc.)
- Candidate should also have the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team atmosphere, take pride in their work and accepts responsibility.
- This individual should project a friendly, professional attitude towards both internal and external customers and co-workers while building constructive and effective relationships.
- Demonstrate a history of excellent attendance, and hold a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must comply with random drug testing policy & required background checks.
- The candidate must also be detailed oriented.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills along with the ability to accurately and calmly handle multiple priorities with interruptions and still meet deadlines.
- Needs to have problem solving & reasoning abilities, with technical & troubleshooting Skills
Overtime and occasional travel to attend training or meetings may be required. Training classes may be up to one week at a time (requiring 2-year contract). Other opportunities to travel exist; Mileage will be reimbursed at the current government rate. There may be a few evening functions to attend to enhance your professional career. ECT Services is a small business, so our motto is “whatever it takes.”