Field Service Technician
Republic Diesel's definition
Republic Diesel is a multi-faceted company providing complete engine machining services to the mining, marine, construction, forestry, agricultural, transportation, and heavy equipment industries. We have been supporting the Diesel Engine Industry for over 100 years. Our century in business reflects our long-term commitment to providing the finest in services and products to our customers.
Republic Diesel's "why"
We have a strong reputation for going beyond the norm. We consider our greatest asset to be a company-wide attitude of uncompromising dedication to quality. You can see our company philosophy in the attitude of all of our friendly, professional employees.
Republic Diesel's mission statement
Each of our major businesses, Republic Diesel, Tri-State Machine and Republic Truck Sales are working together to deliver the best cost and service to our customers.
Our organization is seeking a highly skilled Mechanic to run a service truck, locally, in the Kentuckiana area. Our Field Service Technicians perform regular maintanence visits, general repairs, troubleshoot technical issues, and complete emergency repairs of our yard trucks. As a part of the Republic Truck Sales company, your safety is one of our biggest priorities. All repairs will be completed in an onsite, designated yard terminal, warehouse, or at our customer facilities. There are NO roadside repairs. At Republic Truck Sales, our decades in business reflect our long-term commitment to providing the finest in services to our customers.
Republic Truck Sales offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
- HSA Health Insurance plan with Humana
- Dental Insurance with Humana
- Vision Insurance with Humana
- Matching 401k plan (half up to 5%)
- Paid Vacation
- Employer Provided Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (8)
Employees are eligible for the health, dental, and vision on the first day of the first month after starting employment.
Employees are eligible for 401k the first day of the quarter, following 3 months of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to the shop daily
- Work tickets from the previous day are to be turned in each morning upon arrival at the shop.
- The FST will conduct truck inventory to replenish parts used the previous day and maintain their service vehicle each morning.
- Receive daily job tickets
- Field Service Technicians report to various locations, as specified by their job tickets and complete the workorder to the best possible outcome.
- Report and document all work completed on daily work tickets.
- FSTs will generally complete their work day between 4:30P-5P.
- FSTs DO NOT need to return to the shop at the end of the day.
- Must be 18 yrs of age
- Must have a valid driver's license, CDL is a plus
- High School Diploma - Preferred, not required
- Cummins Certified - Preferred, not required
- Must have at least 5 years of Diesel Mechanic, Class 8 truck repair.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting technical problems effectively.
- Must have your own tools
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs
- Experience with Capacity and Ottawa brand trucks - Preferred, not required
- Must have strong knowledge and competency in Aftertreatment Systems
- Must have strong knowledge and competency with Cummins Insite Software
- Must be available for once a month "On-call" rotation.
Republic Diesel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.